On September 20th, Vassal: The Second Book of Tir Athair will be available in both print and eBook formats. To celebrate, Reno’s best independent bookstore will be hosting me as I sign print copies of all available Tir Athair works. But book signings aren’t the only attractions that day.
Schedule of Events:
- 11am: Storytelling for the kids by aspiring author Dave Nightingale
- 11am: Falconry demonstrations by Darkwell Castle Organization
- 11:30: Old world fibers by Beck, including spinning wheels and hand-spindling
- 12:00: Renaissance music by youth musician Jaidyn MacDonald
- 1pm: Book readings by authors Marissa Ames, Jean Booth, and Kurt Winans
- 1:30pm: Face painting for the kids by Beck
- 2pm: Renaissance music by youth musician Lauren Hutchings
- 2:30pm: Storytelling for the kids by youth book critic Sahara Wilcock
Throughout the day:
- Heavy combat demonstrations by the Society for Creative Anachronism. (The public will only be spectators for combat demonstrations.)
- Craft demonstrations by the Society for Creative Anachronism
- Historical representations of the Royal Court of Mary Queen of Scots
Other events are still being determined and will be added to the schedule once finalized.
Other authors include Jean Booth, authors of Zombie War and The Origins paranormal series, and Kurt Winans, author of science fiction works Pilgrimage and Second Moon. Works by all three authors are kept in stock at Grassroots Books.
On site food, including vegan and gluten free options, served by J&J’s Italian Ices
Grassroots Books is the preferred storefront for the Tir Athair series. Print prices will always be lower at Grassroots than on Amazon.com. However, if you prefer eBooks, you can pre-order Vassal for only $3.49 until September 20th. Upon the book’s release date, the price will rise to $4.99.